Our Music


Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tyson's 1 year Pictures and Fun Stories

 Tyson pulls off the mohawk so well, but at our house we don't call it a mohawk anymore...not since Liv and Tyson were in the tub and he had shampoo in his hair and Liv said, " let's make his hair into a Hor honk."  I laughed, A LOT and that is now what we call it!  Love it!
 Liv and I had just made some Snickerdoodle cookies for a Relief Society Lesson one Saturday and later that day Lance was getting in the shower and because Liv is at a curious age, Lance covered what he thought she might be curious about and she said, "Don't worry dad, I won't touch your snickerdoodle." And that is what we call it now.



 Tyson can now say a few words, his first word was either Ball or Ba Ba (bottle) I can't remember for sure which one came first, but he loves to say ball.  He can also say, "Ma Ma and Da da." One day I was asking him where Livy was and I swear he said Livy.
 We have a blow up ducky bath tub for our kids before they are big enough to sit up and be in the big tub and it makes a quacking noise.  After I had pressed the button to make the duck quack I said, "Tyson what does the ducky say?" and he responded kack kack kack!  He is learning and it's so exciting to see what he picks up on.
 Even tho Tyson is not wanting to walk, he can get around pretty quick just crawling. He can also go down stairs now as well as up and it's so fun to watch him because he will lay on his stomach and scoot his whole body, feet first, towards the stairs and he will slide down on his belly fast!  I'm always amazed at how quickly he can get up and down.

 We usually have daddy and Liv give Tyson a hug and kiss before I put him to bed and last night as we were giving him kisses he looks at his daddy and makes the mmmwaa kissing noise.  It was so cute! 

 I recently made a baby picture book for Tyson and I wanted some pictures of his room in it so as I was preparing his room he crawled in and started playing and as soon as I brought the camera in to snap a few pictures he looked at me, noticing I had the camera, and gave me the cheesiest Tyson grin! And then he continued to cheese face it at me as he crawled to me and tried to get the camera.  It was so hilarious. He really is such a happy guy most of the time!

 Everyone has been saying lately that Tyson is looking just like Liv but in boy form of coarse.  That they definitely look like brother and sister.  Aside from their similarites in look, they do a few things that I have noticed lately, very differently. Like Liv hated to have her hands and face wiped off, she would rather stay messy but Tyson loves me to wipe his hands and face, he does not like to be messy for too long. Liv was still not sleeping through the night not until 15 months and then was up once or twice a week for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night, and Tyson is sleeping through the night, I will usually give him a bottle around 6am and then he will go right back to sleep.  He still is not a great napper, but I will take it for a decent nights sleep. Liv has the cutest little dimples and Tyson does not. Livy loved to snuggle after naps, Tyson doesn't he would rather play or eat. 
 They both love to talk and sing.  Liv will sing this same song called the La La song, and it is literally just the word lala over and over, but it is always the same tune, so funny.  Lately when she sings it Tyson will join right in.  One time after Liv had been singing for a while and paused for a second, I said great singing and she said, "I'm not done, this is the long version."  Awesome!!!

 One night after dinner, Aug. 15th, I was eating my dinner and Tys wanted to sit with me, he also wanted to grab my fork and try to help feed me which was kind of funny on its own and then to make it better, as he was putting the fork in my mouth, he said, "MMMM!"  He wouldn't do it again so it could just have been a coincidence, but I think he is genius! Both of our kids are so smart, and so curious!

 We took all of these pictures at Bear Lake and it was really fun. I love playing photographer, especially when its a great day for it, overcast and not much else to do.  Tyson played the part really well and as we know, he likes to be say cheese for the camera.


2 comments:

Melanie B said...

BAHAHA I'm gonna tell Brian he has a snicker doodle !!
Cute kiddos great photos!

Mama Jo said...

You are an amazing Mom/photographer/friend/wife! Love your little ones to pieces! SO CUTE!
Mom

The Quote of the month: January 2009

I really enjoy having something to think about each month so I thought I should continue putting a qoute up each month. Please feel free to add more if you have inspiration to share!

This is a great one to start the year off!
"Be where you are, otherwise, you will miss your life!"

Hangin With Mootz

Hangin With Mootz
Here we are helping plant flowers at Mootzies house for Mothers Day