Our Music


Sunday, June 23, 2013

Home Improvement Project!!!

 To save money, we did the tear out ourselves...Mostly Lance.  He had to smash up the tile which unfortunately had a cement pad and screws under it.  It was a lot of work. 

 Then we tore up the carpet and pad so that we could get our real wood floors installed.  This took two days because he had to make our floor level in the middle.  But it turned out great, he did a great job!  Tyler Yearsley from Quality Flooring.
 Thankfully we had our carpet installed on Saturday so we were both home to move things around when they finished one room at a time.  My mom was so sweet and took our kids on Friday night so that Lance and I could tear up the carpet, pad and screws without having to worry about our kids getting in the way or getting hurt from the nails and screws.  Thanks a million Mom! We slept over at their house too because our house was completely dismantled.
 We still don't know what happened but Lance was back at our house at 8:30 am and no carpet guys... I called around 10...he didn't know where they would be so he called them and couldn't get a hold of them.  finally by noon I told Lance to just come over and eat lunch with us and wait for their call.  Lance was almost at my parents and sure enough I get a call.  "The carpet guys are on their way to your house."  Lance had to hurry and eat and get back to our house. They were not the original guys, they had been called in last minute to get our job done bc the original guys were not answering. so finally by 1:00, our carpet was underway.  It was done by 6. Finally all done!  Well we still have to move our things back, but the big parts were over!  It is seriously like moving!  But it is all worth it and looks great!

 Isn't it lovely!?
 Isn't it wonderful!?


 We even bought new drapes, it's like we live in a brand new house!  I think I want to paint the walls now...they call this the snowball effect!
 Tyson even likes our new floor!
 Liv uses our old camera and loves it!  She thought it would be a really good idea to take a picture of me taking a picture of her!  It was!






1 comments:

Sara Lou said...

I LoVe your wood floor! Love love love! I bet your carpet is so wonderful to lay down on and play on too! Someday we'll own our own floors too! :)

The Quote of the month: January 2009

I really enjoy having something to think about each month so I thought I should continue putting a qoute up each month. Please feel free to add more if you have inspiration to share!

This is a great one to start the year off!
"Be where you are, otherwise, you will miss your life!"

Hangin With Mootz

Hangin With Mootz
Here we are helping plant flowers at Mootzies house for Mothers Day