Our Music


Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Dad!

 So my dad would be 63 today...we decided it would be fitting to go see him and take him a few balloons to celebrate. Liv was so sweet and gave him kisses.
 Honey and Liv sent a balloon off to heaven. The first one got stuck in the tree right above him, we think he wanted to keep that one there. and the second one went straight up, I think we have our bases covered.
 What a beautiful day to send our love to heaven.  We pulled up to the cemetery and Liv asked, "Are we here at heaven with Poppy?"  What a sweetheart.
 This was a free coloring page at the checkout at Macey's where we picked up the balloons, we couldn't have planned it better! Liv colored it on the way to the cemetery.  She's getting better each time she colors.  I love seeing the progress and development in my kids, what joy!
 It wasn't easy to be there and even harder to talk out loud to my dad wishing him a happy birthday.  It's still quite surreal.
 Later we had a re-birthday party so celebrate my dads life, we had cake and told dreams or memories of him.  We also re-watched the video that us kids made for him for Christmas that we showed at the viewings.   Hard, but fun to hear stories or memories that I haven't heard before.
 I had a dream a few nights previous that my siblings and I were at a fancy mansion event where we met lots of famous people look a likes, we got the go around the room and meet them, and over in a smaller group I see a man who looks exactly like my dad, I knew in my dream that it wasn't him, but it looked just like him.  I started talking to him and after a few minutes I said, "I know that you will probably think this is weird but I wondered if you would dance with me?"  He agreed and held me just as my dad would and it was as if I was dancing with him, which is one of those things that I am going to miss terribly.  I think sometimes dreams have a way of letting us know everything is okay, or giving us some type of comfort of confirmation that there are angels among us.
 Instead of buying flowers at the funeral, the Rich family decided to buy our family these statues, one of my mom and dad biking and the other is of my dad crossing the finish line, just as he would in this life and symbolic of passing the test of this life and crossing the finish line onto the next life.  Very sweet! Thank you so much Rich family.

0 comments:

The Quote of the month: January 2009

I really enjoy having something to think about each month so I thought I should continue putting a qoute up each month. Please feel free to add more if you have inspiration to share!

This is a great one to start the year off!
"Be where you are, otherwise, you will miss your life!"

Hangin With Mootz

Hangin With Mootz
Here we are helping plant flowers at Mootzies house for Mothers Day